Tuesday 7 September 2010

(4) I hate.....people who pronounce it 'Come in'

Take a look at this picture:
See it?
Good.
That's half the battle right there.
Now this product is a spice that can be found in many a kitchen cupboard. I personally love it in curries. If the recipe tells you to put some in it, I generally double it.
Nom nom nom.

OK, here's the next bit.
See the label. This tells you what it is.
Genius, I know!
It reads 'Ground Cumin'.
Say it with me:
'Cumin'
Now, if when you said this word you pronounced it 'cue-min' then you are all my friends and are able to read well and speak proper English.
You, my friend, are proof that the education system in Great Britain works.
I love you like my girlfriend, and would make love to you similarly. Unless you happen to be her, in which case I would make love you like no other.
Think I got out of that one....
But, if when you said the word you pronounced it ' come -in', you are a total and utter numpty. A berk of the highest nature. Who the hell taught you to speak?
Say the letters! Its C, U, M, I, N.
U sounds like the word 'you'.
As seen in the phrase 'You idiot, its pronounced 'Cue-min'.
I shun you like I would a Nazi.

No comments:

Post a Comment