Wednesday 1 September 2010

(1) I hate.....Waitrose

Many years ago now, me and the ex and my daughter went up to Stonehouse in Gloustershire to see my exes grandparents.
We stopped off at the local Waitrose.
Not to shop there, but to pop into the town to pick up a couple of forgotten supplies.
After half an hour or so, we returned to the car to find that some sneaky Waitrose car park attendants has put a parking ticket on our car.

Apparently there was no parking in the car park unless you were shopping at the Waitrose, and if you used the car park to park in to go into town, you had to pay a parking fine.

Now, we did not know this. And there was not one message or sign to be found anywhere to tell people about this.
So I took it upon myself to have a confrontation with the manager of the store.
The confrontation occurred, which led to the fine being torn up and unpaid.
Apparently EVERYONE knows that the local Waitrose car park is not to be parked in unless shopping at it. Which, of course I should know, seeing as though it is so local to my home town of Basingstoke.

A letter of complaint followed. Stating a few issues about the money grabbing fuck-wit company who cant write simple signs to inform people of their stupid rules.
Although, it was more politely written than that.

And so here is where my hatred for the place starts. As I received NO apology.
None at all.
And now, even today, I refuse to enter a Waitrose store.
All they had to do was say sorry.
That's all.

If I really do HAVE to enter a Waitrose store, I piss and moan the whole way round. I grab random items and move them around the store. I turn rows of tins of beans all upside down and create havoc.
I went into one with Hazel a month or 2 ago, which led to a shelf of sanitary towels being scattered on the floor.

Its my little form of protest.
I'm sure the managers at the top feel all the repercussions of this.......
Well, maybe not, but some things you just don't forget.
And its like exercising my demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment